As an independent charity, with no government subsidies, our work in the community is only made possible by the generous contributions of a handful of benefactors. Sadly, the increase in demand for our advocacy services over the last year has put a strain on those limited funds and the resources they provide.
We are now the only independent advocacy service in Shropshire. An Advocate supports vulnerable adults who cannot, for a variety of reasons, ask a friend, family member, nurse or social worker for help. Whether that be writing a letter, making a phone call, supporting someone at a meeting, Adult Safeguarding, Child Protection, Mental Health issues or accessing information.
An independent advocate has no ties to other agencies or so we help people make informed choices and support them you to put those choices to others.
Last year we helped 376 people, often with multiple disabilities and complex needs with independent advocacy but to continue to offer a free-to-use advocacy service for the most vulnerable in our community we are in urgent need of additional support. Can you help us?
Support from individuals
If you’ve seen the positive impact PCAS has had on a friend, neighbour or family member, or if you’ve heard about our work and would like to contribute in some way, then we would be extremely pleased to hear from you:
- Perhaps you have skills or experience that can help us in our work, and maybe you have some time you can give on a regular basis?
- Could you help raise some funds, for example through a sponsored event or activity?
- Or perhaps you’d just like to make a direct donation to help fund our work in the community. See the link on our home page PCAS Shropshire – PCAS Shropshire
Support from local businesses
Partnerships between businesses and charities work best if the organisations involved share common values and goals. Does your business:
- Take pride in having a diverse and inclusive local recruitment policy?
- Encourage staff to be active in the community through volunteering and related activities?
- Value links with the local community, and want to strengthen these by working in partnership with a worthwhile charity?
If so, we’d love to hear from you. Let’s see if we can partner together to strengthen your community and social impact, while also helping us maintain our support for disabled people in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin
So, whether you are an individual or a business, we’d love you to become a friend of PCAS. Please email our Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org or check our website to find out more information. PCAS Shropshire – PCAS Shropshire.